At Moss Vale Anglican, our vision is to create a place for adults to learn more about Jesus, connect with others, and help them continue on their journey of discipleship and disciple making. We place an importance on gathering with other Christians for encouragement, support, prayer, Bible study, shared mission, and ministry.
Men’s Breakfasts, Men and Kids Camp, Shooting and Steak, and an annual Men’s Conference.
For more information, contact Dean Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross-generational Women’s Gatherings, Book discussions, Women’s Breakfast, Invite a friend events, and annual Women’s Conference.
Contact Catherine Reilly at email@example.com for more information
The following information is from the Bible Reading Challenge Facilitators at Christ Kirk, Moscow, Idaho. See link at the bottom of the Post.
#ToTheWord Bible Reading Challenge
Imagine a great table, loaded with the best food, perfectly prepared. This is how we view the Word of God, and it is our joy and privilege to encourage Christians to find their seats and share the bounty of it with us. The reading plan is simply the menu, the challenge is to become Christians who live and breathe the Word of God.
In spite of the abundant availability of Scripture to us, many Christians struggle to develop a habit of reading – simply reading the Word. We have overcomplicated and under appreciated it. By making it only a matter of private reflection and introspection, we have forgotten the element of hospitality, and Christians have fallen out of the practices of inviting others to read with us
- We want to see you succeed! We are all about helping you overcome those obstacles that have kept you from the Word. This is a down to earth, practical and realistic plan without any guilt.
- We want to encourage you to invite people to join you in reading and talking about the Word. This is not our secret food, but a world wide feast!
- If you fall behind, jump back in! If you missed breakfast and lunch, you don’t have to eat them before you can eat dinner. Eat with us now! Always start with today’s reading. The plan includes catch-up days because we understand real life!
- Theologically diverse, literally on the same page. Because our focus is so Word-centric, we can trust our differences to the Holy Spirit. We are free to simply encourage one another without worry. We are not teaching Scripture to one another, but rather sharing a love of Scripture with each other.
- Don’t let your perfect ideal be the enemy of a good habit. You can’t possibly get everything out of it – but don’t worry. You will be back! Because our goal is lifelong reading of the Word, you will have many more opportunities to understand that passage more.
- Our pace is fast, but not nearly as fast as you might think. Time yourself reading (just normal reading!) 2 Timothy. This is a four chapter book, and about the daily reading length for the summer. In all likelihood it will take you much less time than you expected! If you still don’t think you have the time, check your screen time!
- Nothing is for sale in the Bible Reading Challenge. This is a grassroots ministry of people who love the Word. You won’t need to buy anything, subscribe to anything, or charge your friends to join you!
- Our goal is habit formation, not a one-off perfect performance. We want to help you overcome those obstacles that have been keeping you from the Word.
Men’s, Women’s, and Mixed bible studies that meet weekly during school term for encouragement
Contact Ross Pollock at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
A variety of groups that meet weekly
Contact Dean Reilly at email@example.com for more information
A group for our over 55s, those in the next phase of their life
Meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month
Contact Chris or David at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
A ministry to support those living with or caring for someone with a mental illness
Contact Brownyn Dean at email@example.com for more information
Meets every 3rd Wednesday of the month
Contact Bronwyn Dubber at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information